Frequently Asked Questions Regarding H1N1 Flu
- If your test is positive, please notify school administration, Lisa DeBernardo at Ldebernardo@interiordesign.edu. She will notify your instructors however you will need to provide a note from your Doctor when you return.
- Someone who has been infected with H1N1 flu should stay home for 7 days after the start of the illness and fever is gone and only return to school after fever and other symptoms of the illness have been absent for no less than 7 days.
- They will work together with local public health officials to determine the best course of action.
- School administration will consider extenuating circumstances when applying the school’s attendance policy.
- If you believe this might be the case, and you are concerned for your own health, please notify school administration (Lisa DeBernardo) immediately to determine the best course of action.
- However, officials advise using social distancing techniques to minimize exposure; try to remain 6 feet from classmates, avoid shaking hands, and avoid sharing tools such as phones, pens and computer keyboards. Use a hand sanitizer product coming and going from class.
- What if schools in my community have closed due to H1N1 and I have no one to care for my child while I attend class?
Please contact school administration (Lisa DeBernardo, Director of Student Affairs). Extenuating circumstances may be considered when applying the school’s attendance policy.