INTERN JOB DESCRIPTION
Mission: Contribute organizational skills and an analytical approach to computer drawings and imaging, design ideas and material selections, client files/paperwork and general office assistance for John Robert Wiltgen Design.
- Maintain Client files and office resources.
- Select materials, fabrics, furniture, and furnishings for any given project. Make trips to the Merchandise Mart and other sources of supply to obtain tear sheets, samples, and written quotes from John Robert Wiltgen Design, Inc. vendors.
- Communicate with Contractors/Vendors to obtain samples, photos, quotes, etc. All conversations to be followed up in writing.
- Meet with local sales representatives to update our materials library or request samples for current JRWD projects.
- Obtain measurements in the field required to prepare architectural drawings, noting all existing conditions such as windows; doors; electrical switches and receptacles; HVAC ducts, vents, trims; structural columns; finish flooring materials; built-in cabinetry; etc.
6. Meet with Contractors in the field to follow up on work in progress. Determine if work is being done to our design specifications, schedule and standards of excellence. Observe and oversee the installation of any given project.
· Treat any and all Clients and/or Vendors with respect and courtesy. Have good verbal and written communication skills and a professional demeanor.
· AutoCAD and Photoshop skills required
· Maintain good time management skills and meet project deadlines
· Maintain a daily record of the manner in which your time is used including the name of the client, project, type of work services, conversations with JRW, the Client and/or Vendor, etc. Daily record shall be turned into JRW.
Nature and scope:
· The Intern reports directly to JRW and/or the Office Manager.
To apply, email your resume and a cover letter to Daniela Guini at email@example.com.