Meet new people, learn lots about printing and make some cash between classes! Stop by the Print Center on the 5th floor and pick up your application today.
Interior Design, Photography and Communication/Graphic Design students are all welcome to apply—Graduate and Undergraduate. The best applicants have been at Harrington for a few semesters and are familiar with using the Print Center. Stop up and ask Austin, Gina, Jake or Cari for more information if you are interested, but not sure! We are looking to start (paid) training towards the end of this semester so you will be ready to work this Fall when things start to get busier with the influx of new students. 10–20+ Hours/week. $10/hour.
This is not a Federal Work Study position (no restrictions related to FA).
At Fulton Street Collective, this is one of the most unique events that is hosted by Harrington. If you are a designer, photographer or artist, established or aspiring, we invite you to participate in our second annual communal design event in the West Loop, You’re A Piece of Work.
Wall space is limited to 17×17″ per artist… Learn more and RSVP at yapow2014.eventbrite.com OR check out the listing on Harrington’s Facebook page under Events.
Getty, the Seattle-based photo agency, has decided to make a huge portion of its photos free. On Wednesday, the company unveiled the embed tool, which will allow users to include images on websites, such as non-commercial WordPress blogs. The eligible images also come with buttons for Tumblr and Twitter, where a link to the image can be shared.
Jessica and Jake invite you to check out the new and informative website of Harrington’s Student Government (http://hcdstudentgov.webs.com). It features their Upcoming and Past Events, the Goals broken down by semester, Minutes from past meetings, and clever bios of the Officers. Meetings are every Monday on the 1st Floor Mezzanine at 5pm.
A note from Dirk Fletcher, Studio Leader of Photography programs here at Harrington…
Call 4 Entries! 8th Annual Photography Student and Faculty Gallery Show
It’s that time once again to submit your best work for consideration into the longest running exhibition at Harrington College, as we prepare for the Photography Department’s Annual Juried Student and Faculty Gallery Show. All current Photography students and recent graduates may submit up to 10 images for consideration into this year’s exhibition. Please see the instructions below on how to submit your work.
• Submit up to 10 photographs from personal work, or class projects.
• Submit each file at a resolution of 72 ppi, and 1500 pixels on the longest edge.
• Submit only JPG files.
• Include your name on the filename, as well as in the metadata.
• Email [DropBox, etc] your submissions to Tim Arroyo: firstname.lastname@example.org
• All submissions must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, February 17.
• All selected works will be due on Friday, February 28. Student is responsible for framing of work for exhibition.
• Results will be posted on Thursday, February 20.
• Exhibition will be hung on Monday, March 3.
• Exhibition Opening will be held on Thursday, March 6. Also, be on the lookout for more information about an upcoming ‘Freestyle, World of Inkjet Seminar’ that we will be hosting February the 24th at 6:00pm in Room 106. Here is a link to get more information: http://www.freestylephoto.biz/Inkjet/seminars
All Harrington Students, Faculty, Alumni and Staff are all invited to a FREE Zoolights Outing at the Lincoln Park Zoo (click for map) this Friday, December 6th! Meet at 6pm at the Kovler Sea Lion Pool.